Role of the Surrogate Victim Volunteer:
- The Surrogate Victim must act as a real physical substitute for the actual victim.
- They must be able to accurately portray a “victim’s harm” by effectively communicating thoughts, feelings, fears, and needs.
- The Surrogate Victim must listen closely to the offender’s story during the discussion and describe in detail the specific actions the offender needs in order to restore respect and dignity.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Must submit a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check (RAMP will provide compensation after completion).
- Must take the Surrogate Victim Training Program delivered by RAMP.
- Must fill out the online application form.
*Accepted volunteers will be contacted and go through an interview process.