RAMP’s process is designed to help bring closure for victims and to give offenders a chance to be accountable for their actions. Therefore, effort is made by all parties, directly and/or indirectly involved or affected by the offence, to reach a mutually satisfying solution and/or plan.
NOTE: Below are listed suggestions that have been utilized in past agreements, but parties are in no way to be limited by such.
- Verbal apology and/or handshake
- Letter of apology
- Letters of experience regarding the offence
- Essays regarding issues such as trust, violence, peer pressure, bullying, abuse, etc.
- Assessment for substance abuse and/or addictions, mental health issues, etc.
- Attend a counselling session
- Attend cultural based programming
- Attend anger management and/or other life skills programming
- Community service hours at a community based organization
- Donations in lieu of community service hours
- Donation of materials or good (food, household, clothing, craft supplies, etc.)
- A gift to the victim or community (painting, crafts, poems, etc)
- Restitution to victim (payment arrangement of installments or paid in full)
*All agreements follow the SMART objectives guide; meaning specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.